Happy Wednesday guys! Canadian winters, or as I prefer to call it “the-air-hurts-my-face” season, are no joke.
Canadian artist Cassanda Calin captured it so brilliantly in this sketch
and is the reason why I teamed up with The Detox Market to bring you a winter skin saviour giveaway.!
Up for grabs is the Lilly And Lola Hydrate Your Skin moisturizer and the True Organic of Sweden All You Need is Me multi-use balm.
Head to my Instagram page now for contest details and how to enter.
Open to Canadians only, a winner will be chosen on Monday, February 1st.
Good luck! And may the odds be ever in your favour.
Hi guys, happy Wednesday!
I think it’s pretty safe to say that 2015 saw an incredible amount of high calibre green beauty product introductions to the market place (and to me!).
Taking a look back at everything I tried here are the top products that exceeded my expectations, and therefore highly recommend to all of you!
- Josh Rosebrook herbal infusion oil ($55 CDN) – click here for review
- Und Gretel lipstick (€ 39.00) – sent to me by a dear friend in Berlin I was immediately hooked by the texture, staying power and intense hydration. It felt more like a lip balm than a lipstick!
- Sudsatorium soaps ($5.50 CDN)
- Oui Shave razor + shaving oil ($65 CDN) – click here for review
- Alima Pure mascara ($28 CDN)
- Kari Gran lip whip ($15-$20 US) – click here for review
- Mabrook & Co deodorant ($16 CDN) – click here for review
- MAHALO pele mask ($87 CDN) – click here for review
- True Nature Botanicals shampoo + conditioner ($54 US) – click here for review
Hi guys, happy Wednesday! I’ve been a little absent these days and I do apologize for that. I’ve been working on a side project that has taken up most of my spare time, but it’s launching Spring 2016 so bare with me as I pop in and out of my blog over the next couple of months!
The holidays are always a busy time of year and nothing can deflate your Christmas sparkle like a “you look tired” comment
So when you’re not able to enjoy the comfy bed in your lady palace for as long as you want to and feel horrified at what’s staring back at you in the mirror
remember these 5 tips to help make you feel human again:
- Hop into the shower – no I’m serious. I swear the world’s carbon emission problems could be solved during the time it takes for my boyfriend to have a shower, but he always emerges feeling like a new man. So when you feel like hell drag yourself into the shower and let the hot water wake you up, and if you have an invigorating body scrub like this one from Perk Naturals, all the better.
- Combat puffy eyes with cold spoons – while you’re having that life changing shower mentioned above pop two spoons into the freezer. Anything cold is a proven remedy to combat puffiness, albeit temporary. Hold them against your eyes for about 10 minutes.
- Nix red eyes with warm compresses – on the flip side, if your eyes are bloodshot then hold a warm compress against them for 10-15 minutes. The heat will help to shrink the blood vessels
- Hide dark circles – dark circles aren’t really a result of lack of sleep, but lack of sleep will make them more obvious. Besides wearing sunglasses you can fool the world of your tiredness with a good cream concealer like this one from Studio 78
- Brighten your face – in addition to a decent concealer the other tricks I find to be of enormous help are: tightline your eyes (tutorial) // apply a lengthening + voluminous mascara like this one // dab a highlighter, like this one, to the inset of your eyes, brow bone and on the tops of your cheekbones // swipe on a bright shade of lipstick. Trust me, when you’re faking a wakeful put-togetheredness, a distracting, colorful lip is your best friend // blend a peach cream blush onto your cheeks. Peach tones brighten the skin and take the focus away from dark circles. Plus cream formulas have a slightly dewy result on the skin. I really love I Put a Spell on You by ILIA Beauty for this affect.
Got a “look good on no sleep” tip for all of us? Let’s hear them in the comments!
I had so much fun creating last month’s life in blush picks for you that I couldn’t wait to do it again!
Here are all of the these I’m coveting this month. I hope it gives you some great gifting ideas – enjoy!
1. Ban.Do Passport Holder | 2. Swarovski USB Key |3. Kari Gran Jolene Lip Whip | 4. Kate Spade Jewelry Box | 5. Kate Spade Lingerie Bag Set | 6. Urban Outfitters Scarf | 7. Love at First Blush Necklace | 8. Graphic Image Desk Pad | 9. Living Libations Pearl Powder