When I decided to go through my make-up bag and purge it of harmful toxins I felt like I was breaking up with many products I’d loved for so long. Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet foundation – gone. Giorgio Armani lipstick – tossed. Lancôme mascara – in the trash.
With my make-up bag almost empty I set out to find fabulous new organic/natural replacements that I would love just as much. I’m a picky girl when it comes to her beauty products so I imagine this list will be periodically updated, but here are some new favourites:
hair & body
- john masters organics lavender rosemary shampoo – if you want to splurge on a luxurious shampoo this is one to try!
- john masters organics lavender avocado intensive conditioner – your hair feels like butttah after
- EO restorative shampoo – safe for coloured tresses this shampoo lathers up nicely and leaves your hair super soft
- dr. bronner’s magic soaps – made from organic extra virgin coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, there is literally nothing you can’t clean with this
- pacifica lotus garden body butter – rich and hydrating, it melts into your skin and has a delicious scent
- hugo naturals soap – you don’t know how moisturized your skin can feel until you’ve tried this soap (that also comes in a fun variety of scents!)
- earth science natural deodorant – the first organic option I’ve come across that actually works
skincare: face & eyes
- rms beauty raw coconut cream – click here for my review
- kaia bamboo facial cleansing cloths – click here for my review
- evan healy french rose clay – made from moroccan lava clay you won’t be able to stop touching your skin after you use it
- dr. hauschka rose day cream – great for winter when your skin needs extra hydration
- suki exfoliating foaming cleanser – scrubs away dull skin in a lather of bubbles and a yummy lemongrass scent
- just pure hydrating eye cream – made in Germany, this cream pampers your delicate eye area. Plus, the brand follows the cycles of the moon to plant and harvest their ingredients – how cool is that?!
- rms beauty lip & skin balm – for the girl who likes her beauty products to multi-task, it’s a lip, eye and skin balm
make-up: face & eyes
- jane iredale purepressed palette in ‘night time’ – great pigmentation and colour options; blends easily and lasts throughout the day
- rms beauty cream eye shadow in ‘magnetic’ – I love this colour because it makes my blue/green eyes pop, but it will crease since it’s base is coconut oil. However, re-blending is a cinch so it’s not really an issue
- rms beauty living luminizer – used as a highlighter, this product gives you a fresh, glowing appearance
- rms beauty ‘un’ powder – click here for my review
- tarte maracuja concealer – cream based concealer with excellent coverage
- rms beauty un cover-up – another great cream based concealer that’s lightweight and doesn’t settle into fine lines
make-up: lips & cheeks
- ILIA beauty lipstick – great range of colours that are super hydrating
- bite beauty lipstick in ‘corvina’ – highly pigmented cream lip pencil that contains the same amount of resveratrol (super antioxidant) that’s found in 5 glasses of red wine
- jane iredale puregloss in ‘soft peach’ – time and time again I buy this gloss because it’s a universally flattering shade that brightens up my lips for a nice day time look
- rms beauty lip2cheek in ‘illusive’ – this has a generous amount of mineral concentration so you don’t need a lot to get a gorgeous look. It can be used as a lipstick or blush, and though it may look dark it comes out as a nice rose colour
- jane iredale purepressed blush in ‘barely rose’ – gives you a completely natural flirty, flushed look
That’s my list for now, but I’ll keep you posted as I discover fabulous new green beauty products!