I love being called out in beauty tags so much that I decided to start one of my own! This time I’ve added a few fun questions to really highlight the personalities of those who are answering it.
- on my nightstand you’ll find: a huge glass of water, a home made lip balm, my iphone (and for my mom who’s for sure wondering, yes it’s on airplane mode as I sleep) and a tea light candle holder from Tuscany (here)
- the literary character I’m most like is (take this quiz and share your answer!): Galadriel from Lord of the Rings
- I’m currently obsessed with: kjaer weis eye shadow in earthy calm; it’s my brow filler, wet eyeliner, and eye shadow; on a side note I’m also nerd-obsessed with plants vs zombies – it’s such a time suck, but I love it
- my favourite superhero is: She-Ra. Who wouldn’t want to be the Princess of Power? I hope they never remake that show, because it’s perfect the way it is
- favourite beauty product of 2013: may lindstrom the clean dirt
- if I could have dinner with anyone dead or alive it would be: Elizabeth I – talk about your ultimate CEO! A woman who took a country on the brink of ruin and made it the richest and most powerful nation in Europe would have so many interesting insights to share
- winter is coming – how do you prep your skin for battle? short version? facial oils, exfoliators and balms. here’s my long-winded version
- my perfect date night makeup consists of: a winged liner, contoured cheeks and a power pout (i.e. marilyn monroe red or a rich plum)
- my go-to skin-beautifying snack/drink is: kale chips and a beet-apple-carrot-ginger juice
- my tv boyfriend is: I actually have two – grissom from CSI (I know, I know, but he’s just so nerdy hot! And come on, doesn’t he look good here in a woodsman sort of way?) and nick miller from new girl
- if my evening clutch could only hold one beauty item it would be: kjaer weis cream blush in lovely. It acts as my lip colour and blush.
- one beauty tip I would pass on to my real/fictional daughter is: smile often. You will be remembered for it long after you lip colour fades away ( I actually have five – read the rest!)
- the most nostalgic item from my childhood is: it’s a hard tie between popples and gem and the rockers, but this list pretty much sums up my childhood
- my favourite tv show of the moment is: downton abbey, although new girl is a solid second
- my favourite quote is: it’s always been “the key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering – bruce lee“, but now I also love “listen, smile, agree. and then do whatever the f*ck you were gonna do anyway – robert downey junior” as it reminds me to never feel limited or defined by someone else’s opinion.
self worth and love is what it’s all about ladies!
I tag: my green beauty sisters, Sarita from peace on the skin & peace within and Nath from BEAUTYCALYPSE; Pam from Pemberley Jones for reminding me jobs that don’t give you sunday night anxiety do exist; Katie from The Green Product Junkie because she’d be the first person I’d want to go for a fancy cocktail with in New York; Megan from Seed to Serum who got me hooked on facial oils; and Nicole from Eco Chic Beauty Diva because I love her contagious energy and spirit.
- be sure to tag other bloggers
- title your article as I have
- mention the tag started at lifeinblush.com