One of my favourite makeup ensembles for the Christmas season is one I call the ‘mistletoe’ look. It’s a perfectly flirty and classic look that allows your luminous skin to shine through…and should you find yourself under the mistletoe you’ll be looking your best when that certain gentleman goes in for a ‘kiss’. It’s time to put these beauties on your Christmas wish list!
- kjaer weis foundation ($70) – the newest addition to the cult line, use this cream-to-powder foundation to even out your skin tone where needed
- studio 78 paris concealer ($31) – a stand out concealer, and favourite of the ladies at No More Dirty Looks, cover up any blemishes or darkness effortlessly
- rms beauty ‘solar’ cream eye shadow ($28) – a stunning warm gold shimmer that will light up your face and warm up the holidays
- rms beauty ‘buriti’ bronzer ($28) – suited to warm up every skin tone because it works with your skin and doesn’t sit on top (note: in the pot it appears more mauve than bronze – don’t panic! It gives the most natural sun-kissed glow)
- kjaer weis ‘earthy calm’ eye shadow + alima pure angled brush – wet the angled brush and pick up a bit of eye shadow; apply along your lash line as you would a pencil liner. Feeling creative? Flick the ends to create a winged effect!
- kjaer weis mascara ($39) – demure & natural, it will stay put until last call
- ilia beauty ‘cosmic dancer’ illuminator ($36) – there’s something so sexy about the light hitting a woman’s face to reveal where an illuminator has been dabbed (i.e. cheekbones, brow). It’s not overt, but a subtle invitation to perhaps a kiss under the mistletoe?
- ilia beauty ‘wild child’ lipstick ($28) – “wearing red lipstick can really change the course of a night out” amen!